Disney Magic and Disney Wonder are the two ships of the Disney Cruise Line. Disney Magic was put into service first on 15th July 1998 and sailed off on it's maiden voyage from its home port of Port Canaveral. Built by the famous Italian shipbuilding company - Fincantieri Shipyards, it has the classic look of the old time ocean liners. It is a mini town on the move. Here are some facts:
· It has 875 staterooms on 11 passenger decks
· It is manned by a crew of 945
· It has a specialty restaurant (Palo), 3 dining rooms, a pizzeria and a buffet, and of course an ice cream parlor
· It has 2 swimming pools and a pool for children
· Staterooms have inbuilt refrigerators and inbuilt safes.
· Wi-fi in all the staterooms
· Spa, sauna, hair salon, gym and 4 hot tubs - you name it they've got it . . . and fitness classes to boot!
· A state-of-the-art cinema, a dance club, six bars, two show rooms and a room for video games
· A variety of programs for children of all age groups
· Laundry service and facilities
· Dry cleaning
· A computer room
Cruises by Magic
You can enjoy a number of cruises on Disney Magic. A 7-night cruise to Eastern Caribbean if it so fancies you. The Magic leave Port Canaveral on a Saturday evening at 4 pm and spends the next two days at sea. It then calls at St. Maarten, St. Thomas/St. John, and the Castaway Cay and returns the following Saturday morning at 7.35 am. The itineraries are flexible from cruise to cruise.
A typical 7-night Cruise to the Western Caribbean would look like:
· Departure on Saturday from Port Canaveral - 4 pm
· Sunday - at Key West + an ashore trip
· Monday - at sea
· Tuesday at Grand Cayman where you can go ashore
· Wednesday at Cozumel (Mexico) + an ashore trip
· Thursday - at sea
· Friday at Castaway Cay (Disney's private island) - spending the day ashore
· Saturday Back to Port Canaveral at 7.35 am
Disney Magic operates on a flexible itinerary from cruise to cruise. On certain dates it may stop at Castaway Cay on Sunday and skip the stop at Key West, making two stops at Castaway Cay.
Disney Magic also offers you transatlantic cruises and other cruises that take you to Europe and the Mediterranean. These cruises last any where fro 7 to 14 days.
The Magical Magic
You and your family will be enchanted by the magic on Disney Magic. There is something going on for everyone. The kids will have a gala time with all those wonderful activities going on. There is an activity for kids as young as 3 and for teens as grown up as 17.
Night club and lounges for adults, with an adult-only restaurant for that romantic evening with your partner!
Come on aboard to experience and enjoy the magical Disney Magic!